New Additions

New Additions

Life here at the MinIsland is crazy as ever! Sometimes I like it that way. Sometimes Sam and I feel a little overwhelmed. This past month has been a little of both. 

I finished my first ever dress (pattern-free), and I think it turned out really well. 


Sam and I took the puppies camping in our backyard--both to let them practice and to get out of the house for a night. We (I) wimped out and went back inside when a super large, two-legged, squawking bird dinosaur (turned out it was a deer) decided that we were it's next victims. I am an outdoorsy person, and I had never been so terrified. I thought that thing was going to eat our brains out. 


The weather also got warm enough that we were able to start taking the deck apart! We got rid of the handrails and all the top boards. 



We then borrowed a truck from Sam's work and spent a bunch of money at Lowes getting a ton of wood! 


Now that it's all set up at our house, we have been working on strengthening the frame. We only have a little bit more to go. If only it would stop raining! 


I also finished the cloak I owed Brett for Christmas! He wore it to comic-con with the Luke Skywalker costume that he put together/made. Here's Sam looking like a cool Jedi before we shipped the cloak to Brett. 


I decided to make another dress after I finished the first one. This is going to be my Easter dress this year. The top is a soft faux-bluejean fabric, and the bottom is made from an old sheet that used to belong to Nanny (my great-grandmother). I still have to put the two halves together, hem the edges, and add a zipper. 


Lastly, and perhaps most excitingly......we found a kitten in a tree behind our mailboxes. I was speed walking to the mailboxes to try and catch him when he spotted the dogs and I. He jumped out of the tree and ran straight for us! It was love at first sight.  Meet Pippin (or if you talk to the rest of my family...Stupid/Stinker, Bilbo, Gimli, Stitch, Peter, Fishbait...and I'm probably missing one). Such a cutie!

(Pardon the terrible picture, but look at his big eyes!) 

Comments