Happy Birthday to Rylee (5 months later) aaand Christmas in May

 Happy Birthday to Rylee (5 months later) aaand Christmas in May

I'm so far behind on blog posts, I'm not sure I'll be able to tell many of the stories that once accompanied these photos. But I'll do my best to remember! 

Rylee's party was a lot of fun! The charcuterie board turned out beautiful as always! I really enjoy getting to mix and match all the different colors. 

When anyone asked Rylee what she wanted for her birthday, she would say cake and donuts. I spoiled this girl and made her a DONUT CAKE! These are handmade (and hand fried) mini donuts about as wide as a golf ball. The fun part was layering them in between the icing.

The end result was absolutely wonderful! She LOVED it. Although, I'm not sure she actually tried a bite of it, haha. 

For her actual birthday, I took her to the store and let her pick out a cake and icing. She wanted chocolate cup cakes with purple icing!

She wanted to go out to eat for her birthday at El Charro's, and wait until you see what she did when the server tried to boop her nose with a spoon full of ice cream. It was hilarious. 

After that, I was busy, busy, busy making Christmas gifts! 

I took these adorable photos of the kids and used them to make Christmas ornaments for the grandparents! I think we will be doing these from now on to see how much the kiddos have grown!



 I ended up putting partial fingerprint snowflakes on them, tied a ribbon, and wrote the date! 
They turned out SO cute. 

I used the scroll saw to make bowls for Auntie Em/Uncle Aaron and Nonni/Poppi out of a scrap board in the basement! They turned out pretty cool, I think. 


Nonni, Poppi, Auntie Em, and Uncle Aaron were also gifted these adorable little Christmas tree decorations! Ankaye requested I make some for her after she found similar ones in the store. I picked out the most "vintage" fabric I could find and sewed little Christmas trees. Used a mitersaw to cut out some wood slices from a branch, drilled small hole in the center, then searched around the yard for some straight-ish sticks to make the tree trunks. Slide the tree on, glue into place, and you can add these adorable little pom-poms for extra cuteness!


For the nieces and nephews, I wanted to do something special, too. These are scrap cabinet doors we took off of the laundry room cabinets shortly after moving in a couple years back. I kept them in case we needed to make more nesting boxes! 

First, I drew their favorite characters. 

Can you guess what I'm going to make? 

I made puzzles! I used the scroll saw to cut out puzzle pieces and for most of them, I added either alphabet letters or numbers for the kiddos to learn while they play! I then painted them. It was a LOT of fun, and I really enjoyed it! I think they turned out great. 


On the house side of things, we were excited to update the house a very little....with a new fireplace cover! We finally started using using the fireplace (after two years) before finding out that a majority of the smoke was coming back into the house! After some research, we think the opening of the fireplace was too big compared to the flu/chimney size. The doors helped to control air intake, so the smoke went up the fireplace. We got an AWESOME deal on a new one from FB marketplace. 

The kids and I GREATLY enjoyed lighting fires throughout the winter. I will say it was one of the things I missed most once Spring came. 

We also got a live tree this year for the first time (while living in this house)! We managed to find the perfect tree on the property. We cut it down Christmas Tree farm style with a bow saw. I let each of the kids get in a couple strokes before I finished it off! 



If you've spent any amount of time with Rylee, you know she LOVES to sing. Well, here is HER version of Christmas carols, hahaha. 

And remember how there were those negative temperature days? Well, we don't exactly have heating everywhere in the house (shhhh, that's a secret)...so we wanted to make sure we had enough wood to burn in the fireplace to help combat the weather. We got this for a great deal!

And it took up the entire front of our porch! Between the left two posts, the wood stack is two deep. 

Catchin' up on Luke's monthly pictures! (Even though he just turned 11 months). 


Luke learned to laugh this winter

Aaand Luke tried ice cream for the first time. Watch to see his reaction! (It's so cute). 


CINNAMON ROLL BITES


INGREDIENTS
Dough
3 cups of flour
1 TBS baking powder
1 tsp salt
3/4 tsp cream of tartar
3/4 cup butter
1 cup of milk

Assembling
3 TBS melted butter
1-2 TSP cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 TBS melted butter
1 TBS vanilla
1-2 TBS milk

INSTRUCTIONS
Dough
1. Preheat the oven to 350*F and grease an 8 x 8 pan or in a preheated, non-greased cast iron pan. 
2. Run the butter through a grater into the flour and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. 
3. Add the baking powder, salt, and cream of tartar. 
4. Add the milk and stir until just moistened. 
5. Knead together in the bowl until you have a sticky ball. 
6. Dump out onto a floured surface and knead until smooth (should take maybe 1 or 2 times) 
7. Roll the mixture out to be 3/4 inch thick. 
8. Fold the dough in half. 
9. Repeat steps 7 and 8 about 4 times. More times = more flaky!
10. Cut the dough into bitesize squares. 

Assembly
11. Mix the sugar and cinnamon together in a small bowl and drop the biscuit pieces in one-at-a-time and roll to coat. 
12. Spread the pieces out evenly in the pan and drizzle with melted butter. 
13. Bake for 20-25 minutes. 

Glaze
14. Whisk all the ingredients together and drizzle over the warm cinnamon role bites! 

Enjoy!

Pax Domini cum spirito tuo temper sit,
Torey, Sam, Rylee, William & Luke

Check out our Etsy shop!
Follow us on Facebook
Subscribe to us on YouTube!

Comments