Killing Clones!!!

Killing Clones!!!

Maybe one day I'll actually have time to write more frequent blog posts instead of summarizing the past month....probably not. 

The days are getting shorter, the temperature is getting colder, but the Island is still just as beautiful as ever.


Mogli likes to help me with school work. 


We managed to pull two pumpkins off of surprise pumpkin vines before the red ants demolished them. They are close to being all orange for us to carve. Yes I know it's after Halloween, oh well.


The garden made a second come-back, full of green tomatoes, peppers, and beautiful zinnias. 


Sam and I spent over an hour picking peppers for him to can (I was busy preparing for a big exam). Here he is picking Tabasco peppers--his current favorite. 


 We ended up picking hundreds of peppers. They are so beautiful!


End result!


Something I've been working on at school. Learning how to program Campbell Scientific data loggers that read various sensors (such as temperature, relative humidity, and soil temperature).


Something I've been working on at home after my big exam. I'm designing and sewing a dress for myself...without a pattern. The darts shown here ended up being too long, so I had to shorten them. The front of the bodice is good now (with the exception of the angle of the sleeves), but the back needs a lot more tweaking. Also, don't worry. This is scrap fabric I'm working on first.


A cake that I made for a friends birthday. Probably the worst (looking) cake that I've ever made. I ended up scooping it into a bowl, so it was a "bowl of cake." It was absolutely delicious! Chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. Yum!


I went to a conference up in Helen, Georgia, and we managed to swing in a hike before heading back to Athens. It was beautiful, and made me really impatient for our Gatlinburg trip!


Sam and I decided to tackle mowing the field. Before I could mow by the road, we had to cut down HUNDREDS of baby trees. The crazy thing was, these Sweet Gum saplings were growing from the roots of a mother Sweet Gum tree. In other words, they were all one giant tree! Crazy! (Side note: the picture below is just one of the two trips we had to make.)


Jack's "singing a sad song while looking out the window in the rain" picture. Just kidding, he was learning to love putting his head out of the window like a normal dog.


Our attempt at making homemade tater tots. We need a smaller shredder size than we currently have, and we have to perfect the frying time so that we don't overcook them. Otherwise, they were great!! Recipe to come once we've perfected it!


Dinner for tonight. Imagine them topped with shredded cheese and pepperoni slices. 50 minutes of rising better get done quick!


Aaaaand they turned out so beautiful that I had to show you. Look at these babies. Mouth watering-ly delicious, and they smell SO good. I am now going to go stuff my face!

Comments