Binging Projects on Saturdays

Binging Projects on Saturdays

Sam and I got a bunch done this Saturday (which has been pretty rare for us lately). We finished installing the joists on the deck (~20 installed just that day). 


Since we finished the joists, we started putting top boards on! We ended up installing five boards. 


Our garden plants are growing bigger and bigger. We REALLY need to plant them, but the weather has been crazy (as I'm sure you know). We have a tomato and a pepper plant that are both blooming. Hopefully we can plant this upcoming weekend. 


We finally got around to getting the dirt out of the large tub (so we could move the chicks to a bigger brooder), and look what we found in the pile of dirt!


We were able to move the dirt out of the big tub because I finally bought some landscaping fabric so that we could finish part of our flower bed. All the dirt you see used to fit in the big tub... it's huge.


I ended up planting some violets and oregano!


While Sam took a break to mow the yard, I had the privilege of cleaning the chick poop off of the closet floor. It took me 45 minutes.... so much poop.


Once the poop was cleaned up, I switched the chicks over to the big tub. We ended up putting a wire mesh over the top so that the chicks can no longer fly out. Yay to no more poop on the floor!


And the blackberries are starting to bloom on our property. I'm looking forward to making some homemade blackberry jelly this summer!

Comments